This post is dedicated to Shark Week: for inspiring the pirate in us all and the movie Sharknado.
In lieu of flying to Texas during my friend's 8th month of pregnancy to decorate the nursery for her, I pinned pirate themed ideas to my pinterest board and mailed her a gift box full of the cutest pirate themed items I could find...
Here's what I included:
- Scull and Crossbone Hand-knit Baby Booties via Etsy here (the woman was super nice and even included an eye patch)
- Hooded Shark Towel via Target here
- Pirate Bathtub Squirters via Target here
- Pirate Nap Book (about learning colors) via Target here
- A couple brightly striped outfits found at Target and Old Navy...
- And a bag of my favorite snack for the Mama, Pirate Booty!
She picked a pirate themed nursery based off of the bedding she had selected, but I could imagine this working for many other baby room themes: farm animals, the alphabet or flowers for a baby girl?
Sometimes you just can't be everywhere you would like to be, mailing a care package makes the distance more bearable. Seeing a picture of little Luke two months later in his eyepatch wasn't bad either...