My holiday gifts consist of a few simple traditions: dry humor postcards, jam thumbprints, and spicy pecans. If your lucky, you get all three, but that's a rare achievement. Here I unveil the secret behind the addictive little nut nuggets...
1/4 Cup -plus- 1 Tbs Brown Sugar (dark or light works)
1 Tbs Water
1 Tbs Unsalted Butter
Pinch (or more) Cayenne Pepper (omit if you can't handle the heat)
1 1/2 - 2 Cups Raw, Unsalted Pecans
Parchment Paper - forget this step and you'll be scraping sticky bits off your sheet pan instead of kicking your feet up and munching pecans.
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
2. Melt brown sugar, water, butter, and cayenne pepper (to taste) together in a medium size pot over medium heat
3. Add in your pecans and stir to coat
4. Spread evenly on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes
5. Remove from oven, toss to coat once again and bake for an additional 5 minutes
6. They're done, let cool, share if willing.
PS - I've heard these go great on an Arugula, Goat Cheese, Beet Salad!